Sunday, July 14, 2013

Ashley and Will came to visit!

Everyone was so excited that Ashley and Will were here to visit and wanted to sleep out with them...every day.  Lucky Ash and Will :)  We just had a slow morning and had fun visiting.  In the afternoon Brett came up to play and we went to the dinosaur museum and then over to the museum of peoples and cultures.  Alan unicycled over and met us at the dino museum because he had never been there before (unbelievable I know).  Then he rode to the bank then home to get some work done while the rest of us went to the other museum.  It was their passport to adventure day.  We got a passport when we got there and then went around to the different country booths and did the activities there.  We went to British Columbia and made totem poles, Africa and made some cool mud art, Sweden and played a fun game they play there, then we went inside and did the activities with the 2 exhibits inside.  We all got giant rice crispy treats when we were done.  Then we came home and Brett made Brazilian hotdogs for all of us and fried plantains and lime mousse.  It was all really yummy.  We all skyped with grandma and grandpa to wish grandma a happy birthday.  We of course stayed up way too late talking and entertaining Ashley and Will. (We'll have to get Ashley's pictures from her!)



A package from Grandma Schachterle came.  I told these guys they were pretty lucky to get presents from Grandma on Grandma's birthday!


Tuesday morning I had to go back to Kaitlyn to finish getting my teeth cleaned.  This time when I went she did the cleaning, polish, and a fluoride veneer?  I got back a little after 11 and then took Connor over to the health center for a weight check.  He is growing...just not very fast.  Ashley and Will went out some places for the morning around campus.  After lunch we went to seven peaks with Brett.  We had a really fun time slipping and sliding.  Ash was even brave enough to go down a couple of the tube slides.  (She has a special thing to go over her cast to keep it dry.)  Alan took Connor down avalanche once...he liked it ok.  Brett was able to get Bradley to go down the short kids tunnel curvy slide.  He told him he could have some gum and choose dinner (which we already planned to have little Caesars pizza) but some how Brett got Bradley thinking that he got to choose it and got him down the slide.  I asked Brad if he liked it and he said no.  We had gone a little later in the afternoon and it started to clear out so the lines weren't too bad and we stayed until closing.  We had a pizza feast when we got home.  Jeff and Elizabeth came too once they got home from their stake meeting they had to go to.  Alan and Will went to the creamery and brought back some ice cream which we all gobbled down on our cornucopia cones  :)

While I was gone getting my teeth cleaned these guys took apart our old computer.

When it was all apart they played lovely music with the pieces.

Pizza Party!


Wednesday we just hung out in the morning.  We were just sitting around visiting when all of a sudden Bradley said "Uuuggg Jared! You just got your breath in my nose!"  We all laughed, but poor Brad didn't know why we were all laughing and gave us a look and added gross!  I had forgotten that he said that, so I had to ask Ash what the funny thing was that Brad said earlier, and she said "which one?"  Ash and Will made blueberry pancakes for us for brunch.  They were yummy.  Then in the afternoon Ashley and Will went down to campus and played with Brett for a little bit.  Our family was too tired and just stayed and played and rested at home.   We had  nachos/ burritos for dinner then went to an Orem Owl's baseball game.  We were in general seating which meant we just sat out on the hill side.  It was fun to sit out at the game as the temperatures were cooling down and watch the game...and the people around us. I don't remember which day it was...I think Wednesday... but Lauren lost 2 teeth.  One on the bottom and one on the top.  She  got the bottom one out first in the morning.  Then she lost the second around dinner.  She said the top one wasn't too wiggly, but once she started on it it came out pretty fast.  When we were at the baseball game she had a nice gap for her sucker stick to come through.


Just playing...before she lost the second tooth.


Thursday morning we were sad to say bye to Ashley and Will.  It was a fun visit!  We went to the library in the morning for the craft and story time since we missed it on Tuesday.  They planted seeds in clear CD covers.  They punched holes in the top so they could hang with a suction cup in the window.  We tried ours (on the outside) but they kept falling off and making a mess.  The seeds have sprouted though...not hanging just sitting.  We hurried home from the library and ate lunch fast.  Then these guys all went and played at the Lintons.  I pick up Alan at work and went for the ultrasound appointment.  It is always fun to get to see the baby.  I think everything is going well...she didn't say otherwise.  After the appointment Alan went back to work.  These guys were already at a Wymount activity so we just stayed out at it for a while longer.  They were having a fun circus party with games and cotton candy.  Thunderstorms blew in right at the potluck time so we had it in the basement.  I didn't think the rain would last too long...and it didn't, but right at start time it was pretty bad.  Alan met us there and ate.  Then we came home and crashed...we were so tired.  It wears me out to be waiting waiting waiting to hear about the job.

Friday morning Alan got a call from one of the guys at 5D and said they guy who would send out the job offer was gone on vacation all week and would be back on Monday.  It would have been nice to know that all week so I wasn't expecting it to come anytime....so now we are just looking forward to Monday or Tuesday.  I went to the dentist again that morning to get the root canal finished and the filling in my crown put in.  It feels lots better and the dentist said it looked good.  He only had to drill out one of the roots..not all 3 which was good.  Alan went to work and we just played all afternoon.  Brett came up and played after a while too. That night Brett stayed for dinner and we watched UP.   These guys were excited they got to see the whole thing.  It's been a long time since I saw it.

Saturday Alan called and talked to a guy who lives down close to where we want to move to if we go to California (and he works at 5D too) we just asked some questions about the area and other things like that.  We called and reserved a truck for July 23rd for if we decide to go.  We feel like this is when we need to move if we are also going to go to the reunion and make it there for the start of the school year.  That is coming right up...next week!  Then Brett babysat for a bit while Alan and I went shopping.  Mostly birthday shopping, but just some normal stuff too.  We tried to get some things more organized in the afternoon and evening.

Today has been a good day.  I just played piano today for primary.  I'll lead again next week.  Alisha needed to trade since she will be gone next week. After church Grandma and Grandpa Atherton stopped by for a little bit.  They brought Lauren's birthday present...and Jared's too.  They brought a little guitar for Lauren and a ukulele for Jared.  I hope they have fun with them.  They also brought some bags of clothes.  It was a good day.  Lots of things are unknown right now and I am just hoping that somethings become a little more clear this week.

Look at that gappy smile.


No comments:

Post a Comment