Last Monday Alan worked on some models for the guys down at 5D robotics. Since we hadn't heard from them by the end of the previous week we figured we wouldn't hear from them this week. The guys working on the offer went on vacation. It made me a little less anxious since I knew it probably wouldn't be coming. We just hung out around here...mostly. In the morning we did go to seven peaks for a few hours with Alan. It was fun to get to go with dad. He was able to take Jared and Lauren down a few slides. It was super busy there though so we weren't able to do much sliding. It was another over 100 day and lots of people tried to go early. We had to wait to get in the parking lot out down the street and curved around. Everyone wanted to go try and cool off. Even though it was busy we still had fun. Brett came up and played with us in the afternoon. My teeth were killing me and I took a nap.
Tuesday we went to the library in the morning. They made tissue paper stalactites attached to paper plates in patriotic colors and could paint with glow in the dark paint if they wanted. My teeth were so bad they had kept me up the night before. I also had Alan go buy some new (unexpired) Tylenol at the health center...which helped a little. I went to the dentist in the afternoon. He said I would have to get a root canal redone on my molar that has one with a crown. They would just drill through the crown and then put a composite filling in the crown. They put me on amoxicillin and some Tylenol with codeine to help with the pain. Once I started to amoxicillin it got a little better. They couldn't get me in until Friday to do the work, but I survived. I got to the point where I didn't need the pill with codeine...which was good since it made me sleepy. Lauren also lost a top tooth on Tuesday.
Wednesday I was feeling a little better. In the morning we just relaxed. Alan stayed here and played with us. In the afternoon I went to Kaitlyn's dental hygiene school so she could clean my teeth. The first appointment was just looking at my teeth and measuring things in my mouth. On the way home I stopped at walmart for some diapers. That night we working on getting ready for Ashley and Will to come visit....at least a little bit.
Thursday was the 4th of July!!!! We got up and went to the parade in the morning. We went to our favorite spot at the end and found a nice spot right along the street in the shade. We didn't get there until 9:40 so we only had to wait about 10 minutes for the parade to get there. We were also able to park about half a block away. We had fun watching the parade with Ash, Will, Brett, Jeff and Elizabeth. After the parade we drove down center street closer to the printing museum and to see the other booths and things there. We got our tour of the museum with the only working Gutenberg printing press with original style type. It is pretty cool. They have lots of other presses there too. Then we walked around the booths by the courthouse and did a few of the kids crafts. Then we all hurried home to work on making yummy food. There were some people slip n sliding with a 100 foot tarp on the softball field so Alan, Jared, and Lauren hurried out there to slide some. I wasn't fast enough out there with the camera. They said it was pretty fun. We had a super yummy barbecue dinner. We had hamburgers (Lauren had a hot dog) tradewind, frog eye salad, watermelon, dips, chips, jello flag (that made it out for the end of the meal)...I must be missing something that doesn't sound like much, but we all were stuffed and it didn't even look like we made a dent. We were so fully we saved the gooey brownies and ice cream for another day. All of us at the parade were there along with Steven (Elizabeth's brother) and his girl friend Kari. Ashley and Will went back up to Taylorsville for fireworks and the rest of us were able to let our food settle a little before hiking up to the great valley for fireworks. Brett ran home for a few minutes and then Alan went down and picked up him and a friend to come watch with us...Lauren talked her ear off the whole fireworks show. The great valley is a fun place to watch from because you can see all the others being shot off all across the valley. Everyone was exhausted by the time we got home, but it was a great day!
Came out of the mold good, but for some reason the blue and white layers traded places.
Connor enjoyed his dinner...watermelon and jello...and whatever else Brett fed him. Connor will eat almost anything Brett will feed him...and almost nothing I feed him (or so it seems).
Friday morning Alan helped our neighbors next door move. I went and had the start of my root canal done. It was so infected they could just start it and then had to wait for some of the infection to clear up before they could finish it. I just got a temporary filling in it. The dentist pushed on the roof of my mouth at one point to help clear out some of the infection and it hurt really bad. I didn't realize that that pain was related to my tooth. It has been hard to spit really good for about a month! To have some pressure relieved help a lot with the pain. Then in the afternoon we went out to the Scera park and saw all of the fun things out there. First there was the play Cries of Freedom then we went through some stations to learn about the constitution..it was just about the preamble. They were good little lessons. Then we walked over and saw all the reenactment camp. Lauren and Jared liked visiting the colonial school like always. We were just finishing up there when a huge thunder storm was rolling in. It started to rain as we were getting out of the car at home. Brett wasn't going to stay long, but got stranded at our place because it was coming down so hard. It was a good storm. It was nice to have it cool off so much after being so hot for so many days. Jeff and Elizabeth brought over their brownies and ice cream to share.
Connor was great at waving his flag!
Connor did not like this!
Saturday morning we got up early and went to the balloon festival. We got there at 6:30 but the balloons didn't go up...they didn't even fill up. We were kind of disappointed, but we had heard they didn't go up on the 4th either. Brett did see them out the window of the library on Friday though. They only went up one of the 3 days. We did get to see smokey the bear and check out a firetruck. Alan and I were both exhausted still when we got home. We put on between the lions for Bradley, Lauren, and Jared and laid back down. Connor went back to sleep with us. Later in the day we went to LoLos and tried to start organizing things in case we move soon.
Sunday we worked on getting more ready for Ash and Will to some stay with us. I made some rolls before church and used part of the dough to make a cheesy pull apart recipe we got from Jeff and Elizabeth. While I was in the middle of putting it together a girl stopped by and said she couldn't make it to church and would I be willing to play the organ for her. I was already cutting it close for getting to church on time, but we made it....barely. Playing the organ went ok and I also got to play the piano in primary. For singing time we did a fun activity with putting a flag together and reviewing songs. After church we got together with Jeff and Elizabeth, and Brett for dinner...we weren't sure what time Ash and Will would be coming, so we planned dinner just in case they were here. We just had leftover salads and bread. I did make coleslaw so there was a savory flavor. It was all really good dinner! Jeff and Elizabeth had made a bread that was cheese, tomatoes, and sausage rolled up on the inside and it was really good. I told them it is good they are into food because they are the source of all my new recipes right now (well them and a few of you others :) Ashley and Will got here and we had brownies and ice cream Yum!
























No comments:
Post a Comment