Sunday, February 3, 2013

Hundredth day of school

This last week has just flown by!  It has warmed up a little which is nice and our air was clean for a couple of days.  On the 25th I saw on the news that 22 of the 25 days in January were below freezing.  The inversion was gone for most of the week, but it is back by today.    Monday we just spent the day cleaning up and trying to get it back to our normal.  I was feeling better but my teeth were driving me crazy.  They were still achy and sore even though the rest of me was feeling mostly better.  Monday we worked on Jared's hundred collection for the hundredth day of school.  He decided to take 100 balloons (10 of each color).  He pumped up 100 little water balloons...and I tied them.  It took us about an hour.

Lauren surprised me and brought home her cookie for the cookie club.  She is now an official member!


Working on the new computer.


Tuesday I decided that I better go to the dentist...they had an appointment for the same day.  Brad had preschool in the morning.  In the afternoon Jared's class got to have a sledding party.  I took him the sleds when I picked up Lauren, but he had forgotten gloves and a hat...and I forgot to take them to him then.  So we all went to his sledding party.  Connor fell asleep in the car on the way and I was able to park close enough that he could stay in the car.  After getting Jared from school we ran home for a minute and then went and picked up Alan.  They dropped me off at the dentist.  I got a full set of x-rays and decided that maybe I should get my teeth cleaned since I'm pretty sure they haven't been cleaned since before my mission...maybe right after, but I think it was before.  I know all you dentisty people are probably cringing with disbelief.  They did a level 2 cleaning (?) since it had been so long.  It does feel nice to have them so clean.  I have a few...ok a lot...of fillings to go back for, but go tomorrow to get some of them taken care of.  Alan made some of his travel arrangements for a conference he is going to at the start of March in Japan.  It snowed all day Tuesday too!

Jared's sledding party

It's the cool thing to stand up on the way down.




Wednesday my teeth were still driving me crazy!!!  By the end of the day I could tell my face was getting pretty puffy and swollen.  The little boy who usually comes on Monday came in the afternoon and played for a while.  Jared got his snack ready to take for the hundredth day of school.  He was supposed to put 10 snacks in each of 10 different bags...he took pop corn.  Connor threw up a time or two in the middle of the night.

I finally remembered to get a picture of this girl's gap...but it is filling in fast!

We went out after school and went sledding some more.


Connor excited!

Jared tried to turn and threw them both out face first into the snow.  Connor is a pretty tough guy!  He didn't mind too much.

I pulled them all home.


Thursday I went visiting teaching in the morning.  Since my face wasn't getting any better I decided I should call the dentist and see what I should do.  They said to come in and they would look at it.  They looked at it and said yep it's swollen.  They took some x-rays and looked at the gums, but couldn't see any reason why it should be that way.  It was hurting pretty bad.  They put me on amoxicillin since there was an obvious infection, but didn't give my any pain killers since I'm still feeding Connor.  Thursday was the 100th day of school! (Jared said it was only his 99th since he missed one day...but he was happy to celebrate anyway)  He took his balloons and his snacks.  They got to trade their snacks around so he brought home 9 bags (some kids didn't take theirs) all with different snacks.  Later in the evening we took the balloons over to Jeff's house for his birthday.  Thursday night Connor threw up 3 or 4 times.  Poor little guy didn't have any thing left in him.

Getting back from wishing Jeff a Happy Birthday.


Friday morning I decided not to go help in Jared's class.  I wasn't sure if Connor was better and the whole left side of my face was swollen up to my eye and pretty painful.  Connor seems to be feeling  better now and is back to his normal self, but he did have less of an appetite for a day or two.  Alan had a big paper that was due on Friday.  It was for a conference he really needs to get into to graduate.  The conference is in Germany in June  We are really hoping that his paper gets accepted.  Friday night the last piece of our new computer arrived and Alan put it together.  Our computer died on Tuesday the week before.  It is nice to have it back.  Alan has been wanting a new one, so he is glad to have a newer nicer faster one now.

It was warm enough to play outside for a little bit, but Connor insisted on pulling his gloves off...holding snow (ok really an ice chunk)...

...and eating it too.  So we didn't stay out very long.




Saturday Alan worked more on the computer getting things all fixed.  I went to Gift of the Heart Exchange in the morning and was able to get some clothes for Jared...much needed hole free pants! and a few pairs for Lauren too.  Alan did some laundry and cleaned the bathroom.  We did some sledding on the softball field and rode bikes a little too.  We all went to the adult session of stake conference at 4. (When your Stake President used to play basketball for BYU he plans conference around their games :)  It was really good.  Then after that we ate dinner and Alan went to Winco and watched the BYU basketball game.

Ready for their ride from dad!

That was fun!!!


Today we had stake conference.  Elder Doxey of the seventy was our visiting authority.  At one point Bradley pulled out Connor's changing pad and opened up his "piano"  He started serenading the people around us with Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, I am Like a Star, I Am a Child of God, and the Cougar fight song...complete with rah rah rahs.  I don't know how many people could really hear him, but Jeff and Elizabeth couldn't 6 rows in front of us, so hopefully not too many.  Alan says he didn't even notice, but I know a few people did.  We had a little lunch and are having fun playing.  My face wasn't near as swollen today and doesn't hurt as bad too.  We are all looking forward to a little later when we get to go eat Indian food for dinner at Jeff and Elizabeth's to help celebrate Jeff's birthday!

I think I mentioned this before but Brad has said it several times recently. "My Grandma and Grandpa are from Vancougar."  Have a Wonderful Orange-Pineapple Week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment