Sunday, March 18, 2012

Happy Pi Day and St. Patrick's Day

I feel like this last week had been crazy!  I'm not really sure why...there wasn't a whole lot more than normal going on..but it was super nice outside.  We spent lots of time outside.

We walked Jared and Lauren down to school every day this week.  On Wednesday they were doing fun Pi Day activities outside in Brigham's square.  They were letting people throw pies in professor's faces (one of the times we saw it the guy totally missed and hit the student holding the cardboard...the thrower was about 5 feet away and he missed by about 3 feet...another time the professor got hit and it looked like he was wearing a whipped cream mask like a super hero), a pie eating contest, a plinko game to get a cool math department prize, toss a frisbee to hit the pi in the middle of a target, recite pi for as long as you could, and toss sticks for Buffon's needle.  It was pretty fun and Jared was super sad that he had to miss it.  We had quiche for dinner and apple pie.




Wednesday Alan went and read books to Lauren's class and that night I had to go teach people how to knit or crochet for a Relief Society activity in April, but no one came to learn...other people were there who were going to teach other things...but no one came for them either.

Thursday Lauren got to celebrate her un-birthday in her class.  She did it the same day as another little girl because they share a birthday for real...there is another little boy in their class also born on the 17th, but he picked a different day.  Lauren took popsicles.  Lauren said that both of them sat on the special chair at the same time and shared the crown and got sung to.  Lauren thought it was pretty fun and funny.

Friday I planned to do all our normal stuff...and we did go to playgroup and the library, but the rest didn't happen.  We found out that morning that they were going to cut down one the trees right outside out apartment....I guess it was 70% dead.  Of course Everyone wanted to watch...and it was pretty cool....just loud.  At one point I wanted to go inside for a break from the noise...and we did...but it was just as loud inside because really they were just outside our apartment (we're on the bottom floor in the picture)....so we ended up just going right back out.  It took them about 3 1/2 hours to get the tree down.  We are going to get a little more sun this summer....I wonder if we should try tomatoes again.



I guess I didn't take a picture when the tree was all the way down, but they didn't cut it any lower than where the guys is cutting in the picture.  It has become the new favorite spot on the playground.  There have been several kids that have climbed on top and said I am king bow to me. (I'll have to go out and get a picture when it's not dark and snowing)

Saturday we had green pancakes for breakfast.  I went to a baby shower.  Jeff and Elizabeth watched our kids while Alan and I went and exercised (we swam laps) We had green sea shells and broccoli for dinner, and finished Mary Poppins.


Jared and Brad are wearing green too...Jared's is just on the back of his shirt and Brad's is on the front...hidden by his overalls (he didn't wear pants most of the day...so it worked...he doesn't really like overalls and we really need to do some laundry so that was his only choice...I guess he did have a choice of about 4 different pairs of overalls)

Today we had ward conference and Jeff and Elizabeth came over and we had corned beef and cabbage and rolls for dinner.

Also this week Alan and I both went to the temple, my visiting teachers came, friends from Jared's preschool stopped by and wanted to play, we all went on a walk to the temple, most of us got a little sun burned and wind blown, and Alan and I both exercised 6 days last week.

One last quick conversation I had with Brad while riding in the car...I think we must have been on the way to pick Lauren and Jared up from school...
Brad: Connor is cute 
Me: yes Connor is cute and you are cute too.
Brad: no I'm not cute Connor is cute
Me: ok then are you handsome
Brad: no
Me: then what are you?
Brad:  I'm Bradley

Brad adores Connor...as we all do.  Connor is smiling a little more, so that is a fun past time...trying to get him to.  I think Alan must hold the record.



1 comment:

  1. Everything looks so fun and cute. I love that you're getting to use the Gap sweater!

    ReplyDelete