Sunday, March 4, 2012

Connor's Blessing and Pink and Green Spaghetti

This last week has just flown by.  Monday Lauren didn't have school (because of teacher training) so she got to play all day with us at home.  We got our carpets cleaned that day...which is always nice.  That night for family home evening activity and snack Lauren got to make some cookies with her easy bake set and the boys got to roll out some sugar cookie dough that I had in the fridge.




Tuesday we had spaghetti for dinner...but my kids really don't like spaghetti...well they say they don't.  A few weeks back Ashley told me that they like to mix up their pasta shape for fun.  So for a few weeks we got fun shapes and they ate it fine.  I forgot to get a fun shape this last week so it had to be spaghetti.  I was chatting with Ash again and she told me they had green spaghetti the week before.  So by general consensus we had pink spaghetti...and their was no complaining while eating it.  Yea!!!  Ashley to the rescue again...all the way from California.  I also had book club that night.  We read A Wrinkle in Time this last month.


Alan's been reading Aldo Applesauce to those guys.  One evening Lauren walked up and said I'm Dede...A girl in the book that wears a fake mustache.



Last Wednesday was Leap Day!  So we had a leap day party.  Brad, Connor, and I made cup cakes while the others were at school.  Our party started with dinner.  We had ants/flies on a log (because frogs leap and eat flies) and Mexican jumping beans (left over bean soup and chili).  Then we played several fun games...leap frog, how many jumps does it take you to get across the room, can of worms, and dancing like a ballerina (we practiced our leaps).  Then we frosted a cupcake for dessert.



Brad can frost a cupcake better than probably any other 2 year old out there...It looked really good with 2 colors, but of course he had to use them all.



Thursday I think we just spent the evening getting ready for Grandma and Grandpa and Greg to come visit.

Friday we did more getting ready.  Connor had kind of a rough night...and neither of us slept much.  So when he went to sleep a little after 7 (am) I knew I needed a little more sleep too...even though Jared had just woken up.  When I got back up just before 9 the first thing I saw was Brad walking down the hall with scissors in his hand.  Opening and closing them while he walked.  Then I saw a skein of light green yarn that someone (Lauren) had slipped the scissors into and cut...in several places.  It is no longer 1 long length of yarn.  It now comes off in 12 to 18 inch pieces...the ever resourceful Jared says we don't have to throw it away...they can use it for green spaghetti in their play kitchen.  That's when I saw Jared's scraped up forehead...he did it with his own fingernail...trying to catch a football he threw to himself...I'm hoping Connor doesn't have too many more rough nights like that one.



Eventually that morning we went to playgroup and talked about covering our mouth when we sneeze or cough.  Then we went to Winco.  (This short little sentence makes it sound like a quick trip...not so...it took 2 1/2 or 3 hours)  Then we went to practice organ with some friends...I did the practicing...they did the running around the gym.  Then we hurried home for Grandma, Grandpa, and Greg.  We had a fun evening stuffing ourselves with white bean chicken chili.  We even got Grandpa to read some Dr. Seuss books to us...since it was his (Dr. Seuss's) birthday.



Saturday was another fun day.  We went to the Bean museum, to the MOA, and to the bookstore.  We also had a fun time just playing around the house.  Saturday night we went to the men's volleyball game.  BYU won and someone gave Jared a shirt they had caught...and Lauren staked claim on it...but they can share.  Jeff and Elizabeth fed us breakfast for dinner before the game and after that we gorged on ice cream...it was yummy!!!



This morning was Connor's blessing.  It was nice to have everyone there (Grandma and Grandpa Schachterle, Greg, Jeff, Elizabeth, Grandma and Grandpa Atherton, Wayne and Jen)  After church Kati, Keegan, and Quin stopped by and ate lunch with us.  We had yummy cafe Rio type food.  Then sadly we had to say good-bye to everyone.  We are really grateful for everyone who came...We all feel very loved and supported.  We spent the rest of the day relaxing.  I think I even got a little nap.  We had a whirlwind weekend...tons of fun!









1 comment:

  1. awwww wish we could have been there, but we were thinking love from Mississippi ;)

    ReplyDelete