Monday was back to school and work for everyone. Alan took Jared and Lauren to school that morning, but arranged with a friend to take them every other morning and to pick them up from school too. This was helpful so I didn't have to lift Connor in and out of the car...or wait for him to climb in and out him self. We also put a chair in the bathroom so he will be able to wash his hands during the day. He thinks this is great and goes in and plays in the sink and uses the soap to fill the sink with bubbles. It might be a long 4 weeks. We just hung out here at home and didn't really do much...I just tried to recover. I did wash the kitchen floor with our floor cleaner because it was black! and I just couldn't take it any more. I'm not sure if it had been washed since Cami had been born. Jared even noticed that I had cleaned it...and that's how you know it was bad before. Someone brought us dinner that night.
Tuesday my visiting teacher that doesn't live across the street came over and picked up Bradley and Connor. She took them to her house and they played there all day. Cami and I just rested here at home.
Wednesday was more of the same. I did pick them up from school and take them to the craft at the library because Jared needed some books about Charles Dickens for his hero project. When I started a load of laundry in the afternoon I noticed the water didn't get warm like usual, but didn't really think anything of it. That night though when I was brushing my teeth and washing my hands I kept waiting for the water to get hot and it never did. I told Alan the water heater isn't working and he confirmed that it was broken after some examination. Another family brought us dinner.
Thursday I didn't take a shower...just a 'sponge' bath...enough to not feel totally gross. Not having hot water was a good excuse to not do laundry or dishes or any thing else. Jared had cub scouts, but we just were hanging out again.
I was super glad when Friday rolled around and Alan could be here. I'm always excited for the weekend, but especially this one. I was exhausted! We managed to make it to story time, but skipped the usual shopping we had been doing after. In the afternoon a guy came out and fixed our water heater. Yea! Two different families brought us dinner...so we saved one for Saturday.
Our water gets nice and hot now!
Saturday Alan wanted to go to a huge sale they were having at harbor freight. We all needed out of the house so we all went along. He took us back home before going to Food 4 Less. We just did more resting. It was kind of a rough week for all of us getting back into the routine of school after Christmas break. Everyone had been going to bed just a little later and sleeping just a little longer, so getting up for school made for a few grumpy kids most of the week. The next week was better though.
Sunday I taught primary, but it was just a normal day. Stations, lots of family time, and resting. We are super grateful for all of the people that helped our family this week with dinners, watching kids, and taking Jared and Lauren to and from school. I'm slowly getting better. It is kind of frustrating to be because I just want to be all better now, but it will take time. I am getting better but I can tell when I have done too much.
A recreation of one of our favorites of Lauren.
This is Lauren. She is just over 2 months old in the picture. We might have to do it again with Cami in a month.






No comments:
Post a Comment