Last Monday Jared and Lauren had early release from school. I guess here they call them minimum days. They got out of school at 12:23...not a whole lot earlier than normal, but still fun for them. Their schedule at school gets all changed around so it's not normal. I also went and helped in Lauren's class in the morning. I got to help put their AR folders together. When Jared and Lauren got home we all ate lunch (Jared and Lauren had second lunch...which they have almost every day when they get home anyway.) Bradley, Connor and I hadn't had time to eat between picking them up from the friend's house they were playing at while I was at Lauren's class and getting Jared and Lauren from school. The rest of the afternoon was just spent playing here and outside and working on homework. We had family home evening when Alan got home from work and the chiropractor.
Tuesday was another early release day. Everyday this week was. Bradley, Connor, and I worked on laundry while the other guys were at school. While working on laundry Bradley and Connor took a bath most of the time and I watched the Relief Society General Broadcast. Then Bradley had a good time watching the choir sing. In the missionary choir from during the broadcast we recognized a girl who used to work in the Wymount office. Then just more homework and playing in the afternoon.
box rides!
Wednesday was a CRAZY day!!! We got a few things done in the morning then Bradley, Connor, and I went to playgroup. It was just at the park closest to the school. We could have just stayed and picked up Jared and Lauren, but Jared's teacher had scheduled his parent teacher conference (the reason they has early release all week) for right when school got out. So we had to leave playgroup a little early, hurry home and finish packing their lunch and then drop them off at the friend's house who was going to watch them. I fed Connor his sandwich before going because I figured he would fall asleep in the car...and he did. He didn't stay asleep though when I tried to put him down in a strange place...and he never took another nap the rest of the day. Which was kind of surprising with all the car driving we had to do after that. After dropping those guys off I hurried back to the school for the conferences. Jared's was first and he and Lauren just hung out in his classroom during his and for Lauren's they played on the playground. Both Jared and Lauren are doing great! Both teachers only had nice things to say about them. After the conferences we hurried back to get Brad and Connor. We come home for about 20 minutes and then went to the library for the craft. They got to make little mice out of construction paper. After the craft we went straight to my doctors appointment in Encinitas. When we got there we found out the my doctor had been called to the hospital and was going to have to do an emergency C-section. There was a doctor covering some of his patients, but as soon as she got the call she would have to go over and assist him. We waited to see if she would be able to see me, but they talked me into rescheduling for Friday with a doctor I had seen before. (Thursday they called to say the one they rescheduled me with called in sick and wouldn't be in Friday either, so I would have to see the new one anyway.) On the way home we drove past the chiropractor that Alan goes to and he was in the room facing the street so we could see him laying down on the table waiting for the doctor to come in. I made dinner as fast as I could and hurried to eat too. Then I ran out the door to go to a class at the church. It was about sour dough bread making and green smoothies....I went to learn about the bread. When I got home from the class our home teachers came over. They had asked Alan earlier in the day if they could come that night and he said yes...at 8:30. Then one of them had family come into town unexpectedly and couldn't come anyway, so the other one brought his wife. They are a really nice couple and offered to be our call in the middle of the night people for when the baby comes....so it really is good they came. I was ready for bed! but I had to make sure homework was all done and ready to be turned in...they were close.
Thursday was nice. Besides early release the only thing on the calendar was cub scouts. We did dishes and cleaned up the floor in most of the downstairs part of the house. Thursday afternoon was just a nice break and it felt like a Friday since....
There was NO SCHOOL on Friday!!!! We all got to sleep in a little bit. Then we went down to my doctors appointment. I'm measuring kind of big so the doctor wanted to do some tests and ordered and ultra sound to check on the size of the baby. After seeing the doctor we had to go over to the lab for the tests...blood test and 2 different urine tests...which was a little tricky. (Plus the regular urine test at the office a few minutes before.) Then since we were right by the hospital I ran the pre-registration paper into the hospital. We had to buy gas and then we went straight to the library for storytime. After storytime we stopped at Frazier Farms for their produce sale (Thursdays and Fridays they have extra stuff of sale so we try to go one of those days.) We ate lunch when we got home. Alan had gone to work early and was planning on coming home early, which was good because I had to go for the ultra sound. He had to come home about 30 minutes earlier than he had been planning on, but it's nice that he is able to do that when we need him to. I went to the ultra sound which was here in Vista...which was nice. The ultra sound technician said with her measurements she got an estimated due date of the 24th (mine is the 29th) and that the baby weighs about 7lbs right now. She said that is plus or minus a pound though....which seems like about the right size to me. So I was kind of worried after leaving the doctor that morning, but felt better after the ultra sound. (I had to drink 40 oz of water in the hour before the ultra sound so my bladder would be full...I've never had to do that before.) We spent the evening cleaning up around here and just trying to get things more organized.
Saturday morning I got more done on my "Give Thanks" banner. (It's dry now...I just have to string it together.) Then we went to the builder workshop at Lowe's. They all got to make a pull back race car. They have had a blast playing with them since then. We also bought a new toilet seat while we were there. One of the seats has been peeling and the one we found in the garage was too. It just kind of grossed me out and is hard to clean. Alan already got the new one put on too. We went to Food 4 Less after Lowe's and then home to eat lunch. Alan worked in the yard (finished aerating it and fertilizing it) while we ate. Then we got ready and went down to the beach. It has been a couple of weeks since we have been down there. These guys had a great time playing in the sand...and the water! It just seems so weird to go play in the water at the ocean on November 9th. (Since last year November 10th was the big snow storm that knocked the 2 tree branches down on our car.) We even drove part way home with the windows down...until Alan said something and everyone claimed to be freezing. As I was closing the back windows I said watch your fingers...because sometimes they guys back there like to stick their fingers out the window. After I closed them Bradley's little voice says ouch! my fingers are stuck, so I opened the window a little and his little voice comes again and says "a little more" poor guy. He said it didn't hurt too bad. His reaction was way different than some of the others who have had the window closed on their fingers. After dinner we watched Toy Story 3 here and Alan went to play board games at a friend's house.
Alan had ward council today, so he walked to church. Since it was his first time going he wasn't sure if he would have time after it got over to come home and get us....it would have been close. Today I got to teach primary. The lesson was about service and helping each other. One of the things we did was have them each draw Winter Quarters on their own while I talked about it. Then we gave everyone an assignment of what to draw and using a big paper had the same amount of time to draw the city. Then we compared their first cities to the second city to see which one was better. I think we will do something similar for family home evening tomorrow. After church we did stations. For dinner tonight we had dinner in a pumpkin and I tried to make my first batch of sour dough biscuits, but they didn't turn out very well...and I know why....now. I didn't set the sponge right, but I'll know better for next time. It still smelled like bread and everyone still ate it...even if it was a little like hardtack. :)
Dinner in a pumpkin!
Sour dough...first attempt.
This week should be a good one! Especially since it starts with a no school day tomorrow! Hope everyone else has a great week too!










No comments:
Post a Comment