Monday Alan went to the chiropractor on his way to work. We didn't have much going on at home...except some cleaning needing done...like always. So why clean up when you have a reason to make a mess :) Since it was birthdays for two of the boys in my primary class I decided to make them giant sugar cookies that looked like cakes. Bradley and Connor had a great time helping too. We got them all baked and frosted so we could deliver them right after school. We even managed to clean up a little too. With the left over dough from the 2 big cake cookies we made some Y cookies for the big football game coming up on Saturday. We picked Jared and Lauren up and went and delivered the cookies...it's always fun to take someone a giant cookie. Then we came home and just did our normal after school things. That night we had family home evening.
Tuesday was a little bit of a crazy day. I had to go to the doctor for the first time here in Vista...it's hard find a new doctor and I was just slow doing it and then it took them a bit to fit me in. To get to my appointment in time I had to leave right when Jared and Lauren were getting done with school and with pick up taking so long I wasn't sure I would make it. I also didn't know who would be able to pick up Jared and Lauren along with their kids, so I just had Alan come home to help. I dropped Alan, Bradley, and Connor...and a wagon (it fit in the car better than our stroller) off at the school and went to my appointment. They picked up Jared and Lauren and then walked home. It took them a long time! Bradley has told me several times since then how he had to go to the bathroom the whole way home, but he just held it and made it. I went down to my appointment in Encinitas. They thought I was a new patient...not a transfer of care patient so after a bit of confusion it all got figured out. (I had called several times to make sure my previous records were transferred.) After my appointment I had to go over to the lab and get some blood tests and do the glucose test. I could have waited to do them, but I was right there and I didn't have to worry about entertaining anyone else right then either. I did stay and do the tests, but it did make me about 10 minutes late getting home for the missionaries coming to dinner. It was ok though. They were out talking to our neighbor across the street when I got there and Alan had dinner pretty much under control. We were having Hawaiian haystacks. There were 3 elders that came that night and they said they had only had it one other time their whole mission...and I'm pretty sure one of them was asking his companion what it was and how to eat it. I was really surprised. I expected them to say they got fed that all the time. It was fun to have them over for dinner.
I'm not sure where Alan found this, but he took a picture and I like it. It is a fun spin on all the posters that you see like this trying to sell something.
Had to pause the Monopoly game in the middle...
Wednesday in the morning we went to playgroup and I made a pie that afternoon to take to a Relief Society Activity that night. Alan went to a chiropractor appointment on the way home from work again and then stayed for a new patient class after that. I took everyone with me to the relief society meeting and Alan came to the church when he was done. The activity was a family history fair. There were lots of fun ideas on how to do family history. There was a pie contest. I was really surprised when my apple pie won best over all pie. I was excited though because I won a pie plate...and I need a few more of those. There was also a temple craft to make. By the time Alan got there I was almost done so they just waited for me and I drove everyone home and Alan rode his bike home. It fits in the back of the car, but not easily.
Thursday morning Bradley, Connor and I went for an adventure. We drove down to the Temple to find the distribution center there so we could buy some scriptures for Jared for his birthday. While we were there we walked around the Temple grounds. Connor found lots of snails living under the white wall that goes around part of the grounds. He smashed several (on accident) and got his hands all gross! Then we drove across the freeway to find Deseret book so we could get Jared's name embossed on his scriptures. We were lucky the distribution center had them in stock because they were back ordered online. Since the new edition of scriptures came out in August they are in high demand. We had a fun adventure. It was hard for Bradley to keep it a secret though. I told him he couldn't even tell Alan where we went. (Alan knew already I just didn't want him to slip in front of the other two.) Bradley did good and didn't let it come out until after Jared opened them up on his birthday. Thursday I also tried to get some cleaning done and more just organizing of all our stuff. It's hard to find places for everything...even if it is more space. There aren't as many built in book shelves and closets and things, so that has been a little bit of a hold up. Alan went to the chiropractor again on the way home...he goes 3 times a week...Monday, Wednesday, Thursday.
Friday I had to go to a volunteer meeting at the school to learn about some of the rules and guidelines and about the workroom. It was right at the start of the school day. Bradley and Connor just went with me. Then we came home for breakfast, went to the library for story time, and went to Frazier Farms to do our produce shopping before the other guys were done at school. We worked on cleaning up a little and getting ready for our company coming on Monday.
Saturday we went to the store and just worked around here. Alan had to go do a little birthday shopping. I made some more sugar cookies, because I didn't think there were enough to take to the game. Some people from our ward invited everyone over to their house to watch the BYU vs. Utah football game. We took the cookies and some black bean corn salsa. It was fun to watch the game with everyone even if it didn't turn out how we hoped.
Sunday was just a normal Sunday. Jared had to finish his VIP poster to take to school the next day. We were excited for the up coming week with birthdays, lots of company, and a baptism.
Helping get the corn ready for dinner!




No comments:
Post a Comment