Monday morning while Lauren was still at school we went to some fun stores. Bradley liked shopping with Grandma so much he wanted to go to more. Monday afternoon we just played around here. Monday night we went to Jeff and Elizabeth's house and had haystacks. We had a fun time visiting one last evening.
Tuesday I took Connor to his 15 month well child check at the doctor. His weight was up to 18 lbs 4 oz and his height is going up too. We took in a new food diary that we did the week before and the doctor said it was the best most detailed one she had ever seen. We even did daily calorie totals, so she didn't have to send it to the dietician. She said since Connor is gaining we didn't have to go back to the pediatric GI. I am really glad about that. She said just keep doing what we are doing and he should be getting 1000 calories a day. I wanted to say do you know how hard it was that day to cram all that food in him, but I didn't I just said ok. I really didn't want to go back to the other doctor. Bradley stayed home and played with Grandma. After the doctor we went to one more fun store before getting Lauren. After getting Lauren (and running through the art show at the school with Grandma) we just had to hurry and pack a lunch and take Grandma to the airport. We had a few minutes to walk her in and see her part way through security. A few people in line liked seeing the 3 of them wave (Connor was really into waving bye) and yell "Bye Grandma." Jared got to go on a field trip that day at school too. He went to Thanksgiving point (the farm part), Cabela's, and Discovery Park (in Pleasant Grove) It sounded like he had a really fun day seeing the animals and playing at the park. That night we went and saw the art show at Wastach. They spend a lot of time putting up 3 or 4 pieces of art from each student. The gym and hall are covered floor to ceiling with art.
Lauren with her snow princess.
Jared and his picture of a mom and child. It is the one closest to his arm.
Wednesday was a pretty normal day. I did a lot of dishes to catch up on all the ones that I hadn't done for a long while. (It kept feeling like a monday to me for that reason.) After school we stopped by the library to return some books that were due. In the evening I went and watched some kids so their parents could go spend time with their little brother who is in the NICU. They were asleep when I got there (except for the oldest one, but she didn't come out of her room the whole time...I thought she had gone to sleep, but she was waiting up to see her dad who had been gone for a few days) and didn't wake up. I just got to read.
Thursday we got to play outside for a lot of the day. Lauren's teacher didn't need us to come in and help so we just hung out around home and tried to get things done. That was the day that I've been home from my mission for 10 years! Crazy how fast the time has gone. Thursday afternoon I also went around and recorded lots of moms singing for Sunday.
The building where Alan stayed with his family some summers when he was about 6. It is one of the next to be torn down.
My little dress up man! He cracks me up!
He changed his costume just a little and said "Now I look like I'm ready for Women's Conference with this tag on." I just like that he is also wearing a football jersey.
Buddies! Bradley helped Connor up.
Friday morning Bradley helped my make a salad to take to a potluck lunch. We walked down to get Lauren and then went to the PAWS potluck lunch. From there we went to a nice fun Mother's day program that all the first graders did for their moms. It was about 30 minutes long and lots of fun. Jared asked if I was going and I told him yes...If I remember. I was just having a hard time remembering it. That morning when he said family prayer he prayed I would remember to go...and I did. He gave me a wink when the program was over :) We walked home from school with some friends and played outside most of the afternoon.
Helping make pistachio salad. Bradley is carefully measuring out the marshmallows (measuring cup behind the toaster) while Connor shoves them into his mouth as fast as possible.
A fun picture Jared drew. Complete with sun and birds.
Before it started.
A special monkey part Jared had.
Saturday morning our ward had a fun run at Vivian Park. They had kid runs separated by age. Bradley fell in his, but got up and kept going and Connor wasn't last in that one. Jared (Mr. Competitive) won the 5 and up age group, but I think he might have been the oldest one there. Lauren had fun running too. Alan and I did the 5K, but it was more of a speed walk than a jog. The kids had a fun time playing on the playground while we did it. They had a lunch when it was all over. We saw Wayne, Jen, Katie Jo, and Brock at the park too...just by chance. We came home for just a few minutes then went over to the block party they were having at the museum of Peoples and Cultures. We had fun finding arrowheads, rolling marbles, making corn husk dolls, playing other games, and learning at all the fun booths set up. From there we went straight over to the new Provo City Recreation Center. They were having a grand opening celebration and open house. We toured the whole place and had fun playing and seeing the new gyms, equipment, and pools. It looks like a ton of fun! Lauren won a giant tennis ball in a prize drawing. We had planned to go to winco after, but everyone was so tired that we just went home and had dinner. I went to winco by myself while the others watched Chicken Run.
Getting ready
You can tell he means business.
Connor kept wedging his face between the bars funny.
Searching for arrowheads beads, and shells
Making corn husk dolls.
Jared and Lauren competing. You run and see how far you can get your marker...then a cord pulls you back.
Alan making a good effort, but going against a guy several pounds heavier!
And pulled back!
Sunday was Mother's Day. These guys let me sleep in. Alan made some carrot nut muffins that I have been wanting to make for several weeks. Lauren got to give the scripture in Primary and did great. She only forgot it in one little spot. At church for singing time we picked flowers and then sang the song that went with each flower. Mostly just reviewing, but then just some fun songs too. After each song we sang I played 2 moms singing their favorite song and the kids had to guess who it was. All the kids could recognize their mom's voices. It was really fun. They kept saying "play more moms." I also played the moms singing in nursery and all the nursery kids could recognize their mom's voices too. All the moms weren't super excited about it, but they all did it and all the kids loved it! One mom told me that her son never tells her about what they learned, but she didn't even need to ask and he was telling her about her singing sunbeam. It turned out to be a really fun singing time. After church Alan barbecued some pork and we had yummy sides with it. Brett came up and ate with us too. After dinner we skyped with Grandma and Grandpa for just a few minutes, but Brett had to run off to ward prayer and I had to go babysit again. It was a good Mother's Day and a good week.
Connor took a short nap on the floor in elders quorum.



















Bradley is good at dressing up!
ReplyDelete