Sunday, September 30, 2012

One year older and hopefully wiser too

Last Monday was a pretty good day.  Jared got to celebrate his Birthday in his school class, so I went to the store and got creamsicles for him.  I took them to him at his lunch time and they got to eat them sometime in the afternoon while at recess.  Jared's lunch time is right about when Lauren is getting out of school.  I watched a couple little kids for an hour in the morning too (we trade so I can help in Jared's class. ).  But there wasn't much else going on and I chose not to do some of my normal chores either (although I paid for it later in the week...dishes weren't fully caught up until Thursday....and really are they ever).  We spent lots of time playing outside.  In the evening we went up Provo canyon to Bridal Veil Falls and had a picnic.  We had bihon and I sure I liked it more than everyone else...They let me eat the leftovers for lunch most of the week.  It was a lot cooler day and it even rained on us.  It has been awhile since we've been to the falls and there is a new fish area and fish food to feed to them.  We didn't know so we didn't have any quarters, but there was a nice guy there with his FHE group that shared.  It was a good fun Birthday...and I finally got a Y cookie cutter.




Tuesday  Bradley had his preschool in the morning.  In the afternoon I had a doctor's appointment to get my mole removed.  I thought that they were going to take it off that day, but all they wanted to do was talk about it, so I had to go back.

Wednesday our family went to Jared's class and did our family presentation...every student has a week to be the VIP.  Jared took a VIP poster on Monday.  For the presentation we were supposed to just share about our family.  Lauren and Bradley both took things that would tell about them.  Lauren took her swimsuit and a stuffed animal dog that she likes.  Bradley took the unicorn costume.  Alan was able to show pictures and videos of his robot and I showed a picture of one of the cakes I have made.  We also showed on a map where our ancestors are from.  Jared introduced us to his class and his class to us.  When Jared introduced his class to us he just held a pointer over their heads and they said their own first and last names.  It was super hard to understand them and it was fast.  Then for the rest of the time we just juggled.  It was pretty fun.  Brad, Connor and I went to the library story time in the morning too.

Thursday we helped in Lauren's class.  Later in the day I went to the doctor again and this time they really did remove my mole.  I was pretty nervous, but it all went well.  I have 3 stitches and since they are right close to my hair line they are hardly noticeable.  We saw Greg a couple of times on Friday and he didn't notice until the 2nd time we saw him when we were saying bye...and Greg said something like your mole is gone...where is the rest of it.  That's kind of how I feel.  I'll just be left with a line scar right close to my hair line.  I went visiting teaching later in the day and then to Lauren's last soccer game.  She had a fun time, but she made sure to tell me that she wants to do swimming lessons next.




Friday I went and helped in Jared's class (Bradley and Connor went to a friend's)  Then in the afternoon Greg stopped by on his way home from the Temple and a little later we went and juggled at a tailgate party for parent's weekend.  Then we walked over to the tailgate party by the stadium.  It was a really nice day...The week gradually warmed back up.  We had fun at the tailgate party and came home and watched the game.

We had chips and cheese and salsa during the game.  Connor went all the way across the room to get there and then got caught.


Saturday we didn't have much so I decided it was the day I was going to start the great clothes shuffle.  Trade boxes and rebox and sort put small ones away and get out bigger and just get them all organized better.  I worked on it on and off throughout the day...and a little more on it today...and it should be finished by the time I go to bed.  We also went to the Museum of Peoples and Cultures.  They were open and having a few extra things since it was free national parks and museum day.  There weren't too many people there when we were...just the workers at the museum.  It was fun to stop by for a few min.  Then we went to Winco.  On the way home we stopped at the splash pad at the Riverwoods.  I walked through Williams Sonoma while everyone else got soaked.  We hurried and put away our groceries and them went to McDonalds and got ice cream cones with some free cone coupons we had that were expiring.  We came back and I worked on the clothes some more.  Jeff and Elizabeth stopped by and Elizabeth reminded me about the broadcast...which was good.  I was forgetting even though it was on the calendar.  I really enjoyed the broadcast.  Everyone else got lots of outside play time with dad and Jared practiced his unicycle a lot.  It was a great day.

Today I worked on the clothes more and went to church.  In the evening there was a Priesthood meeting and we got a new councilor in the stake presidency.  President and Sister Freestone got called to be MTC presidents at the MTC in the Dominican Republic.  It was a good day.  Jared and I both got sung to for our birthdays in primary.


Lauren rocking out on a guitar she made earlier...see all the boxes


We are looking forward to another fun week!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! And nice to see a picture of Alan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, great pictures... and fun comments. How many chips did Connor get to eat? ;O)

    ReplyDelete