Sunday, January 29, 2012

Lauren let me do her hair!!!! and Jeff's Birthday!

This week started pretty slow, but got busier as we went on.  Monday I got this cute picture of Brad having a picnic right before dinner.



Tuesday during the day Brad and I went to the Bean Museum.  We usually go about once a week...although he asks to go almost every day.  He really knows his animals and it is pretty fun to get a tour from him.  This last week we spent most of the time talking about where animals live.  After a while he started to ask, "This one live in Africa?"  and about half the time he would be right...there are a ton of African animals there.  Brad also loves to get a stamp at the end of our visit...and won't leave without one.  Tuesday night I went to book club.  We read On the Corner of Bitter and Sweet by Jamie Ford this last month.  I really enjoyed this book, but I like most historical fiction.  Our group was small, but we had a great time.

Tuesday I had also been looking at a hair blog and I showed Lauren a picture of a girl with curly hair.  I asked her if she wanted to try it and she got super excited...She didn't even cry (that's a really big deal) while getting it fixed.  She liked it so well she wanted it done 2 days in a row.  The second day turned out better since I knew what I was doing a little better while putting the socks in, but they were both cute.  She asked to do it again last night, but we didn't because her hair was still too wet from her bath when she was going to sleep.  Here are some pictures of her from both days.

Day 1 (Tuesday night...Wednesday day)



Day 2 (Wednesday night...Thursday Day)




We had baked potatoes for dinner one day this week...This boy loves!!! baked potatoes.  He ate 2 then finished Lauren's.


On Thursday Lauren, Brad and I went and helped in Jared's class.  We help during center time, so there are about 4 kids that come.  Sometimes is it a worksheet, making a little book, one time we played dreidels, we've helped with snack, this last time we got to play a rhyming game.  Thursday I went to the doctor again.  That night we went to our friend's house in Highland and picked up our baby clothes that they are kindly letting us store in their basement.  It was fun to see them again and our kids loved running around their house.  I still need to sort through them and get some washed...but I have time right?

Jared brought home his cookie for cookie club on Thursday too.  That is a club you can get into in Kindergarten when you know your letters, their sounds, the kindergarten sight words, and sound words out.  Jared's been doing all of this for a while, but they just started testing last week...and sent the first cookies home last Thursday.


Friday was a pretty normal Friday for us.  They bring day old bread to the Wymount office on Friday mornings.  Jared is our bread man and usually runs over and gets some for us.  He usually gets us a garlic bread and some doughnuts.  I know it's not the healthiest breakfast but by Friday our spinach is usually gone for green smoothies and we are looking for something else.  Alan turns his nose up at day old doughnuts since he gets fresh ones every Thursday on campus, but the rest of us enjoy our slightly crusty doughnut.  We went to playgroup and then left that a little early to catch the last story time at the library.  We came home and ate lunch, then head down to the church so I can practice organ.  Jared, Lauren, and Brad like to play in the gym or nursery...and are usually pretty good.  It's been awhile since they dropped dandelions (or anything else) in the foot pedals, emptied half the kleenex box by floating them like parachutes, or flooded the sink in one of the nurseries.  After practicing organ We went back to the library for a book sale they were having.  I told them they could each get 1 book...we found Aldo Applesauce for Jared (remember that one?) and a different Johanna Hurwitz book for Lauren.  Brad got a board book by Eric Carle...My very first book of Animal Homes.  We hurried home and ate dinner then met Alan at the swim meet.  We were against Utah.  It was pretty exciting at the end because the outcome of the meet came down to the last 2 races for the boys...I didn't realize how loud, intense, and exciting the swim meet could get.  BYU boys and girls both won.  After the meet they were having a retirement party for the head coach...he's been the head coach since 1975...that's a long time.  We just happened to see some friends from quad 2 playing an intramural basketball game on our way out, so we popped in and cheered for them in the last few minutes of their game.  Good thing the only thing on my calendar for the day was the swim meet....




Saturday morning I went to a Relief Society Visiting Teaching Workshop.  Then later in the day we went to Winco and watched the Boys basketball game (just here at home)...

Brad fell asleep in the tinker bell sleeping bag last night....


Today has been a nice relaxing day.  For Christmas Lauren got a box with 8 princess puzzles.  We have done them, but never all at once.



This evening we went over to Jeff and Elizabeth's house for dinner and to celebrate Jeff's birthday.  It was all super yummy.  Poor Jeff has a test tomorrow and then another on his Birthday.  We had Hawaiian haystacks and chocolate cake.  Jeff, Alan, and Jared played Ticket to Ride while Elizabeth, Brad, Lauren, and  I played Mastermind and Cat and Mouse (I don't know the real name of the game) about 20 times.




Everyone wanted carried on the way home (including me...kind of)....it didn't last long.  Both ways didn't work so well... so they ended up taking turns...






We are looking forward to another busy week...with maybe a little extra excitement thrown in.

No comments:

Post a Comment